Community Living Research Projects - Core A
Core A includes six projects that analyze secondary (pre-existing) data:
- R-1. Housing and Transportation Access. This project will conduct secondary analyses of American Housing Survey(AHS)data to identify the proportion and demographic characteristics of people with disabilities who experience significant housing and transportation barriers.
- R-2. Time Use Among People with Disabilities. This project will conduct secondary analyses of American Time Use Survey(ATUS) data to explain time use characteristics (e.g., type and location of activities) reported by people with and without disabilities and by sub-populations of people with disabilities.
- R-3. Relation of Sociodemographics and Local Characteristics to Community Participation/Living. This secondary analysis of American Community Survey (ACS) data will investigate the association of community living and participation with sociodemographic factors, features of the built housing environment, local public policies, and the nature of an individual’s disability.
- R-4. Multiple Chronic Conditions and Healthcare Access. Using the Anderson Theoretical Model, this project will conduct a secondary analysis of Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) data to assess common combinations of chronic conditions among four subgroups of people with disabilities, and what predicts these comorbidities.
- R-5. Does VR Effectively Support Community Living? This project will conduct secondary analyses of 75 years of the State of Illinois’ vocational rehabilitation (VR) sociodemographic and geographic data to examine the impact of VR services on the community living of recipients.
- R-6. Personal and Environmental Factors Influencing Community Living for People with Disabilities. This project will analyze data collected using a system of measurement (CORE/SPARC) that explores the relationships between community participation and environmental facilitators, as well as person (demographic), health-related, geographic, and impairment factors.