Consumer & Advocacy Organizations
- ILRU/ Independent Living Research Utilization
- NCIL: National Council on Independent Living and The Advocacy Monitor
- APRIL: The Association of Programs for Rural Independent Living
- United States International Council on Disabilities
- National Youth Leadership Network (NYLN)
- American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD publishes a weekly electronic update called "Disability and Public Health in the Media")
- Disability Scoop is a source for developmental disability news
- The Social Security and Disability Resource Center - an informational website authored by a former disability examiner for the social security administration.
- Open Doors Organization - creating a society in which all persons with disabilities have the same consumer opportunities as everyone else
Local and Regional Advocacy Organizations:
- End the Wait - A statewide campaign to educate the public and policymakers about why Kansas needs to end the Developmental Disability Waiting List.
- Big Tent Coalition - A cross-disability grassoots coalition
- The Community Tool Box is a comprehensive "how to" resource for promoting community health and development